For the continuous work the continuous-pickling line between the welding machine and pickling bath band is laid as loops in a specially constructed pit in the floor of the shop. Loops in the pit are arranged horizontally, and the band is gradually stretches by pulling rolls in the pickling bath.
For the stable operation of pickling line NTA-1 was created a system of automatic control of the length of the the strip into a loop hole.
The system carries out the tasks:
- measuring the length of the the strip, entering and coming out of the loop pits; calculating the length of the strip (loop), located in a loop pit;
- calculating the length of the strip (loop), located in a loop pit;
- setting the limit loop length values in the loop pit;
- loop length indication in digital form;
- light signals and control commands (stopping the mill stand DUO) on reaching the loop length defined limits.